2012 Olympians Biography
(2012 Olympians Biography - English teaching resource featuring 74 slides)
Key Stage : 3,4
English Teaching Resources: The Olympians (biographical writing)
PowerPoint & worksheets
74 slide PowerPoint & worksheets
English Teaching Resources: The Olympians (biographical writing) contents:
- An introduction to the task - write an article about an athlete competing in the London 2012 Olympics
- A research, note making and writing task - research the athlete, make notes and produce an article
- What are the key features of biographical writing?
- Writing in the third person and using personal pronouns effectively
- Learning effective researching skills
- Understanding skimming, scanning and highlighting
- How to select appropriate material and make relevant notes
- Using linear and diagrammatic notes
- Diverse research skills - using multi-modal texts (TV, video, DVD, websites, etc)
- How to transform notes into prose
- How to use images and layout for effect
- Writing frame to scaffold the article
- 74 slide PowerPoint
- 3 worksheets
To preview English Teaching Resources: The Olympians (biographical writing) please click on the PowerPoint slideshow images below.
|Our Price : £9.99 / 9 Credits|
Please fill in the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.