(Blood Brothers - English teaching resource featuring 186 slides)
Key Stage : 4 or Intermediate 1
English Teaching Resources: Blood Brothers Scheme of Work (Willy Russell)
Complete Scheme of work (includes PowerPoint and worksheets)
English Teaching Resources: Blood Brothers Scheme of Work is a brilliant resource for teaching the well loved Willy Russell play. This Blood Brothers Scheme of Work includes a 186 slide PowerPoint, 53 worksheets and step by step lessons to help teach one of KS4 / GCSE Literature’s most student-friendly drama texts.
Lessons are structured with clear objectives and many follow the four part lesson structure. This Blood Brothers resource fully utilises PowerPoint as an effective teaching resource, all PowerPoint slides are clear and easy to follow and use a number of techniques to help students develop knowledge and understanding of Blood Brothers. Large headlines, bright and effective use of colour, photographs, cartoons and video clips are all used to make the resource come alive on either an interactive whiteboard or overhead projector. The resource can also be used very effective on a PC or laptop in one to one tuition.
To view the complete Blood Brothers Scheme of Work PowerPoint in more detail you can preview the resource by clicking on the slides in the preview box underneath the resource’s description.
The Blood Brothers scheme of work is a detailed and exhaustive resource. A series of lessons made to build pupil knowledge and understanding of the play. English Teaching Resources: Blood Brothers Scheme of Work covers all the key areas required by the National Curriculum and includes a wide range of activities for pupils of all abilities:
* a short biography of Willy Russell and the social and historical context of post war Liverpool
* activities to develop knowledge of the plot of Blood Brothers
* in depth analysis of the characters of Mrs Johnstone, Mrs Lyons, Edward, Mickey and Linda
* exploration of the key themes of Blood Brothers (class, superstition, wealth, poverty, etc)
* the literary, social and historical context of the play (1960s Britain, the post war decline of Liverpool, housing, social change)
* developing awareness of the features of a drama text – character, stage directions, etc
* teaching the use of Point/Evidence/Explain to write about Blood Brothers
* Russell’s political message
* cloze passages for each act to consolidate understanding of the plot
* analysis of Russell’s language in key scenes in Blood Brothers
* Willy Russell’s use of tension and suspense
* hot seating activities
* empathy question preparation - Diary and letter writing
* sequencing activities
* developing inference and deduction skills
* English Teaching Resources: Blood Brothers scheme of work has everything you need
To preview English Teaching Resources: Blood Brothers Scheme of Work click on the images below.
|Our Price : £18.99 / 18 Credits|
Please fill in the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.