Boy (Biography & Autobiography)
(Boy (Biography & Autobiography) - English teaching resource featuring 86 slides)
Key Stage : 2,3 or ACfE: Second Level English Resources
KS3 Non-fiction: Boy, Biography and Autobiography (Planning documents, PowerPoint and worksheets)
This unit of work is desgined to cover biography and autobiography (non-fiction) at KS3. English KS3 Teaching Resources: Boy, Biography and Autobiography (Non-fiction) is a complete lesson by lesson unit of work (includes assessment guidance, detailed lessons and activities, 85 slide PowerPoint and dozens of accompanying worksheets). The lessons study Roald Dahl and use Roald Dahl's autobiography Boy to contextualise the exploration of autobiographical writing.
KS3 English Teaching Resources: Boy, Biography and Autobiography (Non-fiction) includes a range of varied lessons and activities for children of all abilities. Activities include:
- Talk for writing - What's the difference between biography and autobiography?
- Exploring and discussing a traditional biography - Charles Dickens
- Studying Multi-modal texts - online biographies using film, cartoons and animation
- Individual, pair and group work lessons
- Assessment of prior learning - Roald Dahl biography
- Writing in the first and third person
- Exploring different types of autobiography - a Facebook page, blogs, websites
- Creating a family tree
- Presenting characters in autobiography - characters in Roald Dahl's Boy
- Cross curricular links: Geography (Norway chapter from Boy)
- Teaching description, dialogue and action in non-fiction
- Using personal pronouns effectively
- Effective adjectives and descriptive writing using the senses
- Writing assessment task - writing an autobiographical account
- 86 slide PowerPoint presentation
- 24 pages of worksheets to accompany the PowerPoint lessons
To preview KS3 English Teaching Resources: Biography and Autobiography (Non-fiction) please click on the images below.
|Our Price : £16.99 / 16 Credits|
Please fill in the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.