(Dictionary Skills - English teaching resource featuring 13 slides)
Key Stage : 2/3 & Curriculum for Excellence: First Level
English Teaching Resources : Dictionary Skills
Dictionary Skills is a 13 slide PowerPoint presentation focusing on how to use a dictionary to improve Reading and Writing skills.
This Powerpoint lesson explores how the use of dictionary can help to develop word, sentence and text level skills in reading and writing. English Teaching Resources: Dictionary Skills includes the following tasks and activities:
- Definition of words and root words.
- 'Finding unfamiliar words against the clock' task.
- Question and answer slides to enable peer assessment in the classroom.
- Online dictionaries and using the Microsoft dictionary in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Abbreviations in dictionary definitions.
- Word origins activity.
- Dictionary competition - consolidation of understanding
English Teaching Resources: Dictionary Skills can be used as a starter activity, incorporated into another lesson or developed into a language study unit.
Teaching English at KS1 or KS2? Try our Literacy Teaching Resources.
For a preview of English Teaching Resources : Dictionary Skills click on the images below:
|Our Price : £4.99 / 4 Credits|
Please fill in the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.