Hurricane Hits England
(Hurricane Hits England - English teaching resource featuring 35 slides)
Key Stage : 4 or Intermediate 2
English Teaching Resources: Poems from Different Cultures - Hurricane Hits England (Grace Nichols)
A 35 slide PowerPoint
English Teaching Resources: Poems from Different Cultures – Hurricane Hits England (Grace Nichols) is an outstanding resource for teaching the poem Hurricane Hits England by Grace Nichols.
Our Hurricane Hits England resources fully utilise PowerPoint as an effective teaching tool; all PowerPoint slides are easy to follow and use a number of techniques to help students develop knowledge and understanding of the poem Hurricane Hits England. To view the complete resource Poetry from Other Cultures: Hurricane Hits England (Grace Nichols) PowerPoint in more detail you can preview the resource by clicking on the slides in the preview box underneath the resource’s description.
English Teaching Resources: Poems from Different Cultures – Hurricane Hits England (Grace Nichols) covers all the key areas required by the National Curriculum and includes a wide range of activities for pupils of all abilities such as:
* a quick biography of Grace Nichols and the social and historical context of Hurricane Hits England
* activities to develop knowledge of the ‘narrative’ of Hurricane Hits England
* exploration of the key themes of Hurricane Hits England (identity, immigration, etc)
* developing awareness of techniques used in poetry – metaphor, imagery, alliteration, etc
* teaching the use of Point/Evidence/Explain to write about Hurricane Hits England
* Grace Nichols’ purpose and the poem's meaning
* analysis of Grace Nichols’ use of language in Hurricane Hits England
* Grace Nichols use of poetic techniques
* developing inference and deduction skills
* Exam preparation (Question analysis/comparing texts, etc)
To preview English Teaching Resources: Poetry from Different Cultures - Hurricane Hits England (Grace Nichols) click on the images below.
|Our Price : £3.99 / 3 Credits|
Please fill in the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.